Patrick W. Gault, Member (Partner)
Direct Dial: 502.855.3802
- Mass/Toxic Tort Defense (asbestos, silica, benzene, etc.)
- Catastrophic Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Special Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Named Louisville's 2013 Mass Tort Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers publication
- Selected in 2008 as a Member of the Council on Litigation Management. CLM is an alliance of corpo- rations, insurance companies and law firms committed to furthering the highest standards of litigation management. Membership is by invitation only.
- Member, Executive Committee, Weber & Rose, PSC (2007-2008). Elected by peers to serve on three- person committee responsible for day-to-day man- agement of forty-employee law firm.
- Chair, Finance Committee, Weber & Rose, PSC (2000-2006).
- General Counsel / Board of Directors, Eminence Speaker, LLC - one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers (1993-Present)
Trial Co-Counsel for thermal pipe insulation manufac- turer facing a multi-million products liability claim in Boyd County, Kentucky. After six-week jury trial (at the time, the longest trial in Boyd County history), defense verdict for client.
Trial Co-Counsel for thermal pipe insulation manufac- turer facing a multi-million products liability claim in Boyd County, Kentucky. After two-weeks of jury trial, directed verdict for client.
Lead Defense Counsel for Perry County, Kentucky mining equipment distributor facing more than 1000 coal worker pneumoconiosis claims allegedly caused by defective respiratory protective equipment.
Kentucky Defense Co-Counsel for thermal pipe insulation manufacturer facing more than 700 asbes- tos exposure claims in Boyd County, Kentucky.
Lead Kentucky Defense Counsel for various architects, engineers, contractors, property owners and distributors/suppliers in asbestos litigation throughout the state.
Represented owner of a $60 million drywall manufac- turing facility in dispute against general contractor and subcontractors. Contractors provided sub-par equipment and refused to make corrections. After extensive discovery, including more than 20 deposi- tions of contractors' agents, contractors agreed to a confidential settlement that allowed client to replace equipment and make necessary repairs to bring facility into compliance.
Lead Kentucky Defense Counsel in well over fifty asbestos-related mesothelioma cases. Clients have included manufacturers/distributors of thermal insula- tion products, friction/brake products, annealing and channel induction furnaces, wire and cable products, drywall products, and gaskets.
Defense Counsel for Louisville municipal utility company. Successfully defended company against dozens of personal injury claims. In many cases, able to negotiate favorable resolution before client incurred any discovery costs.
Defense Counsel for legal malpractice insurance carrier. Successfully defended numerous attorneys in a variety of legal fields, including personal injury, real estate, bankruptcy, and workers compensation.
BA, Duke University - 1990
JD, University of Kentucky College of Law - 1993
Combs v. Albert Kahn Associates, Inc., 183 S.W.3d 190, Ky. App., 2006 (Frequently cited when a defen- dant asserts a statute of limitations defense.)
Strange v. Albert Kahn Associates, Inc., 2005 WL 3488280 , Ky. App., 2005
Logsdon v. Albert Kahn Associates, Inc., 2006 WL 2382501, Ky. App., 2006