Lisa C. Wilt, Associate
Direct Dial 502.855.3808
- Hospital and Physician Medical Malpractice Defense
- General Liability Defense
- Juris Doctor, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, 2006
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, May 1998 - University of Louisville
o UAW Ford Scholarship Recipient
o Dean’s List
o Golden Key National Honors Society
Admitted to Practice
- Kentucky Bar Association, (KBA), 2008 to Present
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists, (ASCP), 1998-Present
- American Bar Association, (ABA), 2002-2006
- Louisville Bar Association, (LBA), 2002-2006
- Women's Law Caucus-Brandeis School of Law, CO-FOUNDER, 2003
- Kentuckiana Cytology Society, (KCS), 1998-2001, TREASURER-2000
- American Society of Cytotechnology, (ASCT), 1998-2000
Cytotechnologist, LabCorp, 2000 to 2016
- Microscopically screen gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for detection of pre-cancerous or cancerous lesions, infectious agents, and hormone levels.
- Quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) performed through bookkeeping and proper documentation.
- Certified in Liquid Based Cytology, Digital Imaging Cytology (IGP—Image Guided Pap), Automated Cytology, SurePath, and ThinPrep.
Stat Coordinator, LabCorp, 2009-2010
- Receive orders from doctors/lab personnel regarding medical tests to be performed stat and outside of normal working lab hours.
- Coordinated the pick up of specimens and delivery to site testing facilities.
- Reported specimen results to doctor ordering tests upon test completion.
Cytotechnologist-PRN, Clark Memorial Hospital, 1999-2000
- Served as an on call tech for overflow weekend work and week night work
- Screened thin preps and conventional gynecologic slides
- Maintained appropriate CLIA records
Cytotechnologist, Columbus Regional Hospital, 1998-2000
- Managed the lab for three months while the supervisor was on maternity leave; maintaining appropriate QC and QA procedures while conforming to normal lab operations.
- Continued a quasi-supervisor role while the supervisor adjusted to child care demands for six months. Adhered to this role with less than one year of cytology experience.
- Processed, screened, and stained gynecologic and non-gyn specimens.
- Assisted pathologists on fine needle aspirations (Stained, fixed, and determined cellular quality to ensure proper specimen collection.)
- Trained in the Cerner Health Care Information Computer system.